08 Aug 5 Qualities of Successful Fundraising Leaders
Fundraising is necessary for schools, daycares, non-profits and many other types of organizations. Without it, many programs would be without the money needed to cover their expenses. In the 20 or so years that we’ve been in the fundraising business we’ve learned there are common qualities shared by all successful fundraising leaders. These qualities are the same regardless of the type of organization. The results of any given fundraiser is, at the beginning, directly related to the fundraising group leader.
In order to be successful, fundraising leaders must be…………..
- Fully invested– If the leader is not 100% committed to the fundraiser, then why should you expect your sellers to fully buy in? Great leaders choose a fundraising product that they are excited about selling.
- Well connected– A well connected leader is known not just in their organization but also in the community. They are active across social media. They are members of professional and recreational organizations. The more connected a leader is, the more opportunities they have to share the fundraiser and raise more money!
- Passionate– Great causes inspire passion. Regardless of the type of group, all great fundraising leaders have great passion for their group and invest their passion, creativity and time in making the fundraiser a success to reach a shared goal.
- Organized– Attention to detail and great data organization is what allows a fundraising leader’s investment, passion and connections to bear fruit. Conversely, lack of organization often results in poor results.
- Available– Fundraising leaders are often volunteers. Before you volunteer be sure that you have enough time to devote to the fundraiser.
Time invested = $$$ raised.